So job hunting is tough. I’ve been looking for two months now and gotten very little leads. Plus it’s been super hot here in Portland, my body is freaking out, and I’m getting more and more annoyed about everything as the weeks go by. So, in order to cheer myself up, I’ve decided to list ten things that make me happy.
- chatting or hanging out with my friends and family
- whenever my cats do something silly/stupid/funny
- talking about my book and/or seeing a new review about Finding Hekate
- working on my new fantasy series – I’m up to magic now!
- watching (and being inspired by) Critical Role
- reading a new book (The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss is turning out okay, but more on that in another post!)
- listening to the rain while drinking tea/hot chocolate
- crossing off things on my ToDo list
- getting hooked on a new cool TV show
I do this every now and then, write down things that makes me happy or say things that I’m grateful for. It helps to put me in a better mindset. I know I’ll eventually find a job, I know the summer will wind down into fall, and I know my body will stop freaking out. Until then, I just have to be patient and be happy about the good things I have right now.
So, what makes you happy? I’d love to know!