Last week I got a box of books of Finding Hekate fresh off the press! I’m pretty excited about it because 1) three of them went to Another Read Through, a local bookstore here in Portland, so that means I have books in TWO BOOKSTORES and that’s pretty badass, and 2) it means I can do some more giveaways! I’ve been brainstorming this week about things that I could do and thus far I’ve come up with this (keep in mind: these are still pretty new):
Doing a Twitter Hashtag Event (3 books)
- In order to share the love of science fiction books, where people share their favorite science fiction books and I’ll pick the top three at random that Saturday?
- Possible (mostly unused) hashtags
- #FavoriteSciFiStory (?)
- #SciFiStorytellers (?)
Goodreads Giveaway or create an event on Goodreads? (1 book)
- Research how the heck to do this…
Donate one to the Queer Resource Center (PSU) and the In Other Words Feminist Society (2 books)
- just because 🙂
Join together with a bunch of other authors to do a giveaway to support others and make it more of an event? (1 book each…or more?)
- Science fiction only? A #ShootToTheStars Giveaway!
- super easy way to enter – just put in your email address into a Google form?
- Then I’d link it to the other authors?
- Who would I ask to join?
- How do I start doing this?
Do something for National Coming Out Day (Oct. 11)? (1 book)
- Something simple?
So…yeah, as you can see, I’m still in the hashing-things-down stage of this. I’m going to reach out to some authors to see the kinds of giveaways and such they’ve tried. What worked and what didn’t. It’s been a fun process! I’m probably not going to giveaway all of them but doing a few of these ideas might increase my overall readership and fanbase. 🙂
Fellow creatives: What have you done-giveaway wise-that’s worked in the past?
I hope you’re having a lovely day!