Writing is hard, so I’m distracting myself. Need some extra geeky stuff in your life? I got you covered.
- Rocks can be super cool, yo. Check out these glowing rocks found on the shores of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. Hilariously called “yooperlites” these plain rocks can look kinda dreary under sunlight, but under UV light, they glow ORANGE. Pretty cool.
- Wanna laugh? Look at these Greek mythological jokes! (Spoiler: The first one is freaking adorable.)
- Becky Chambers, author of The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet, released a new book called Record of a Spaceborn Few and I am SO HERE FOR IT.
- V.E. Schwab did an amazing lecture on J.R.R. Tolkien’s work (and how she hasn’t read it!) and if you have time, you should read it.
- The Try Guys recently left Buzzfeed to start their own Try Guys channel and it’s hilarious. I’ve been thoroughly enjoying it, and you might, too!
- Need some more SFF chatter in your life (and seriously, who doesn’t?). This SFF Yeah podcast by BookRiot might be just what you need!
- Worldbuilding is really fun, but this Twitter thread gets super philosophical about it. (Shoutout to Book Riot for introducing me to this thread!)
- Ever want to know about some of the best hunters in the animal kingdom? SciShow chats about the Top Six!
Now, have fun and be geeky!
Hello fellow science fiction f/f lovers!
Have you ever wanted to read Finding Hekate or Losing Hold? Well, now you can, without breaking the bank! I’m participating in a Mega Lesfic Sale over at I Heart Lesfic THIS WEEK ONLY. The sale runs from September 10th through September 14th, and the I Heart Lesfic has some amazing deals on over 100 books from over 60 authors, including me!
My Cicatrix Duology is up for grabs. Here’s a bit about each:
Mia Foley is running away from the attack that changed her life. She’s captain of a new spaceship when the Acedians find her and try blasting her peaceful crew from the black. She must sever her bonds in order to run, again. But she’s grown fond of this crew, particularly Cassidy Gates. Staying with them will jeopardize their safety, and they have much closer fears than the Acedian hunters. Mia’s time is running out. She’s becoming one of them.
In the sequel to Finding Hekate, after escaping Donavin’s grasp, Mia Foley and her crew crash on a prison planet and need to deal with its inhabitants, beast and criminals alike. Mia hears Donavin in her mind once again and knows the transformation into one of his drones isn’t far off. Trapped in her own body, lashing against Donavin each chance she gets, and fearful that she’ll lose it all, Mia has to rely on her crew—on Cassidy—to save her. But she’s not the only one transforming in her little group, and things never go as smoothly as they could out in the black.
So head on over to I Heart Lesfic today and get the Cicatrix Duology, yeah? Blast off into the stars with my crew, and maybe snatch up some other books, too!