You’ve heard it again and again: book reviews are super important.
Here’s a quick list for you!
- Reviews help gain traction for the book, since most of the time if the book has more reviews, there’s a better chance for blogging communities to pick it up, for book clubs to get excited about it, and raise book clubs interest in it.
- Reviews help the book get seen by more potential readers since some websites promote books with more reviews.
- Reviews help other readers figure out if they’d like to buy the book by giving them an idea of what the book is about.
- Authors love reviews as it helps them promote the book (for blog tours/online promotions, in marketing materials, on social media art, etc.).
- Reviews help cement the viability of the author.
What kinds of reviews are the best?
- Honest ones.
- Constructive ones, what works and what doesn’t, both positive and negative.
- Avoid spoilers (or add spoiler warnings).
- Comment on the plot, characters, setting, writing style, etc.
- Give thoughtful commentary.
- Length doesn’t really matter; short or long, any review helps.
So it’s pretty clear that reviews are super important. Authors love them and publishers love them, and if you loved the work, leave a review! Sing their praises! It’ll make the author’s day.
Now, here’s where I center it on me for a little bit. (You saw this coming, didn’t you?) If you’ve read Sunkissed Feathers & Severed Ties or my two science fiction works, please leave a review on whatever platform you’d like!
I’d really appreciate it. Happy Labor Day Weekend!